Enjoy your stay.
The Shanty Creek Advantage entitles you to all the benefits and amenities of Shanty Creek Resorts.
Choose from hundreds of options including hotel guest rooms, king suites, parlors, condos and homes. When booking your stay, only Shanty Creek can package-in lift tickets, alpine tubing, golf, meals or spa treatments.
Guests of Shanty Creek can access one of four indoor or outdoor pools, break a sweat at the Fitness Center, or indulge with a massage or body wrap at the Wellness Spa.
Add world-class golf, two ski mountains, alpine tubing or footgolf to your lodging package. Plus nearby Glacial Hills trails and the Chain of Lakes.
• Resort-wide shuttle service
• High-speed WiFi
• 24/7 front desk staff
• Concierge services
• Daily housekeeping and trash removal
• Daily maintenance staff
• Security team
Over the years Shanty Creek has garnered its fair share of awards. Having SCRs name among the Best of the Best is always an honor, and in the highly competitive resort and tourism industry, we appreciate being among the Who’s Who. Here is some of the recognition Shanty Creek has been given over the years.
• Top 25 Resorts in the Midwest, Travel + Leisure
• Readers Poll: Top Golf Resorts in the World, Condé Nast Traveler
• Readers Poll: Top Golf Resort in Michigan, Condé Nast Traveler
• Readers Poll: Michigan’s Best Golf Resort, Detroit News
• Best Family Golf Resorts in the Midwest, Great Lakes Golf
• Top Five Resorts in the U.S. (Quality of Courses and Conditions), Golf Magazine
• Top Fairways, Most Women-Friendly Facilities in North America, Golf for Women
• The Legend, 2014 Golf Course of the Year, Michigan Golf Course Owners Association
• The Legend, 4½ stars, Golf Digest
• The Legend, Top 20 Public Courses in Michigan, GOLF Magazine
• The Legend hole No 7, Top 50 Public Golf Holes in U.S.A., GOLF Magazine
• The Legend, #19 America’s 75 Best Resort Courses, Golf Digest
• The Legend, #1 Midwest Best Resort Courses, Golf Digest.
• The Legend, Top 10 Golf Courses in Michigan, Golfweek
• The Legend, Top 80 Public Courses in United States, Golf Calendar & Journal
• Legend hole No 3, Red Hot Best Golf Hole with a View, Traverse Magazine
• Cedar River GC, Top 10 Public Courses in Michigan, GOLF Magazine
• Cedar River GC, Top 1,000 Golf Courses in the World, Rolex Timepieces
• Cedar River GC, America’s Top 100 Resort Courses, Golfweek
• Cedar River GC, Top 100 Courses in the Country, GOLF Magazine
• Cedar River GC, Top 10 New Courses in the U.S., GOLF Magazine
• Cedar River GC, Best Courses in Northern Michigan, AAA Michigan Living
• Schuss Mountain GC, Best Public Courses for the Money, AAA Michigan Living
• #1 Lodging (Midwest), Ski Magazine
• #1 Dining (Midwest), Ski Magazine
• #1 Après Ski (Midwest), Ski Magazine
• #1 Weather (Midwest), Ski Magazine
• #2 Overall (Midwest), Ski Magazine
• Top 10 in the Midwest, Ski Magazine
• Top 10 Cross-Country Resorts in Midwest, SnoCountry
• Top 10 Ski Resorts in Midwest, SnoCountry
• Top 30 Summer Resorts, Ski Magazine
• Visitors Choice: Best Downhill Terrain in the Midwest, OnTheSnow.com
• Visitors Choice: Best Nightlife, OnTheSnow.com
• Red Hot Best Terrain Park: Monster Park at Schuss Mountain, Traverse Magazine
• Red Hot Best Ski Run: Kingdom Come at Schuss Mountain, Traverse Magazine
Lodging, Meetings + Events
• Readers Poll: Best Service, MI Meetings & Events
• Readers Poll: Best Wintertime Venue, MI Meetings & Events
• Readers Poll: Best Golf Resort, MI Meetings & Events
• Golden Links Award, Corporate Meetings & Incentives
• Pinnacle Award, Successful Meetings
• Gold Tee Award, Meetings & Conventions
• Readers Poll: Best of Weddings, The Knot
• Hotelier of the Year, Michigan Lodging and Tourism (2010)
• Recreational Star of the Year: Steve Kershner, Michigan Lodging and Tourism (2011)
• Culinary Star of the Year: Andrew Reh, Michigan Lodging and Tourism (2012)
• Sales & Marketing Star of the Year: Chris Hale, Michigan Lodging and Tourism (2013)
• Red Hot Best Hotel with a View: The Lakeview, Traverse Magazine
• Red Hot Best Bartender in Northern Michigan, Traverse Magazine
Note: Other area rental property management companies do not, or cannot, include our recreation, amenities and services. So sit back, relax and enjoy.