Water. Water. Everywhere.
Amid Michigan’s Chain of Lakes, featuring beautiful Torch Lake and just minutes away from the shores of Lake Michigan, Shanty Creek is the perfect setting for summertime water enthusiasts. Whether you want to splash in the sandbar made famous by Kid Rock, fish for walleye and trout, or paddle your kayak in the mild rapids of the Jordan River, it’s all here.
Boat and Pontoon Rentals
- Dewitt Marine. Located at the mouth of Clam River on Torch Lake in Northern Michigan, DeWitt’s is the perfect destination for pontoon and wave runner rentals and boat service and repair.
- Riverside Marina. Located in downtown Bellaire on the Intermediate River. Pontoon, canoe and kayak rentals are available. as well as fishing tackle and all your water needs.
- Alden Outfitters. A little store with big personality located on the shores of Torch Lake in the village of Alden. Renting and selling kayaks of all kinds, including fishing, paddle boards, sit-on-top style or sit-in style and single or double riders.
- Swiss Hideaway. Offering canoeing, kayaking and tubing trips on the nearby Jordan River.
- Jordan Valley Outfitters. Featuring canoe, kayak, tubing and year-round (Yes! Winter!) rafting trips on the scenic Jordan River.
- Blue Sky Rentals. Located on East Grand Traverse Bay, Blue Sky features jet ski, ski boat, jet boat, deck boat, pontoon boat, water trampoline, kayak and paddleboard rentals. Your go-to stop for all your water needs in Traverse City.
CRUISES + TOURS
- Nauti-Cat Cruises. Experience a unique style of sailing adventure for all ages aboard a catamaran, setting sail on the scenic waters of Grand Traverse Bay.
- Traverse Tall Ship Company. Step into “the age of sail” aboard this majestic replica of an 1800’s coasting cargo schooner, the Tall Ship Manitou or sail away on a luxurious private charter for up to 6 people in the West Grand Traverse Bay.
- Shepler’s Lighthouse Tours. On these tours, guests are treated to awe-inspiring views and learn of shipwrecks, navigation methods, and fascinating historical accounts of these guardians of the Great Lakes.
- Lake Bellaire
- Richardi Park
- Dockside Beach
- Elk Rapids Day Park
- Barnes Park
- Traverse City State Park