- This event has passed.
King of the Hill Uphill/Downhill Race
February 4 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Uphill/Downhill Race: King of the Hill
What is the King of the Hill?
KotH is an uphill/downhill race where participants may choose any non-motorized, non-wheeled winter gear to travel both uphill and downhill sections of the course. Snowshoes, alpine, xc, telemark or randonee skis and bindings, snowboards, climbing skins are all permitted. Participants must carry all their gear from start to finish. A Le Mans start will have participants run ten yards in their boots to strap into their waiting gear of choice. All ages and abilities are welcome.
Begin at Ivan’s Café; course heads toward the yellow lift, up Chicken’s Choice, down Sally’s Alley, past the red lift, up River Run, up Village Way, and down Queen’s Corner and Belle’s Bottom back to the start line.
Age Groups + Divisions
Two divisions: Single lap + double lap (twice around)
Male + Female
• 15 + under
• 8-9:30am: Packet pick-up/late registration at Ivan’s Café
• 10am: Race start
• 11am: Short’s Starcut Ciders brunch in Ivan’s (included in registration fee)
• 11:30am: Award ceremony
• Advance registration: $20 (includes souvenir logoed gear bag and Short’s Starcut Ciders Brunch at Ivan’s Café
• Late registration: $25
• Starcut Ciders brunch for non-racers: $15
• Starcut Ciders brunch for White Pine participants not in KotH: $10
• Overall King + Queen of the Hill (two-lap event)
• 1st, 2nd, 3rd male + female for each group for each race
Contact Steve Kershner for more information at 866.695.5010, x7158 or email@example.com.